There is no illusion greater that fear! – Lao Tzu
One of the greatest reasons we put off doing things differently, or starting new goals, is the fear of failure or the fear of something that we have to do to achieve the goal.
Fear itself can also hold us back from setting change and achievement goals in the first place. So being afraid can be a major hold back on our progress to achieving our potentials and our monster goals. There is absolutely nothing wrong with being afraid and having ‘fears’. It’s human nature. The difference between those who achieve greatness and those who languish in mediocrity is not so much their fears, but how they choose to see those fears. There is nothing to fear, but fear itself, sums it up.
Imagine where we would be if:
- Columbus had succumbed to his fear of sailing off the edge of the world
- Edison was dissuaded by the number of times he failed to find the right filament for the electric light bulb
- The Wright brothers had worries about crashing their first aeroplane
- Sir Richard Branson got a regular job because he feared for his financial security
- Beyoncé suffered from stage fright at her first concert
Follow these 6 steps to overcoming your fears starting today:
- Take a look at WHY the fear exists
- Take small steps
- Complete your goals
- Attack them head on
- Talk yourself out of fear and into taking action
- Visualize your result
Sometimes all we need to do is take that first step and you can take yours by heading over to Amazon.com and pick up your copy of Live Life Now, the ultimate simple guide to finally achieving your dreams!